This quiche recipe earns it *name by using leftover veggies. I normally have an odd assortment of veggies by the end of the week. This is one way to use them up A lonely zucchini, three or four mushrooms, a carrot, a forgotten baked potato from a previous dinner, a tomato about to give up…all get a second chance to be something great….
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp Ghee or melted butter plus 1 Tbsp. separated
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded cheese- I use a combo of (or what I have) of cheddar, mozzarella, a dash of Parmesan. Use what you have & like
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and pepper
- dash of Italian seasoning (don’t have any? skip it)
To the base add 1 cup finely diced vegetables in any combo you like. Such as:
- Potatoes (you can also grate a cold baked potato)
- 1 clove minced garlic or a dash of garlic powder
This recipe is easily doubled. Any leftover quiche can be reheated for dinner, lunches etc.