Soaking in a tub with bath salts are a soothing way to ease aching muscles, inflammation and stress. Making your own is a frugal and fun. Here is my recipe for Peppermint Bath Salts
- 1 cup Epson salt– is soothing for minor strains, muscle aches and bruises.
- 1 cup sea salts- adds texture to your blend
- 1cup baking soda– it soothes minor skin irritations and acts as a ph stablizer
- 12 drops of peppermint essential oil– adds a wonderful peppermint smell along with the cooling effect.
- ** optional 12 drops of red food coloring– if you would like to make a peppermint striped bath salts. If you want to keep it completely natural, leave out the coloring.
- In a medium bowl add Epson, sea salts and food coloring. Mix well.
In a different bowl add baking soda and peppermint oil. Mix well.
Alternate layers of baking soda and colored salts in a clear container. How simple can it get? Love it!
These bath salts make great gifts too!
Check out more recipes found here…