This chicken stir fry is sweet yet savory. The veggies are the star of the recipe with a small amount of chicken added in for flavor. I use my cast iron pans because they are the only pans I have. If you have a wok, feel free it use it. I have limited cabinet space which equals-Limited kitchen gadgets I love this recipe because it ticks off all my favorite boxes –
2 chicken tenders cut into bite size pieces
1 zucchini sliced
7 or 8 baby carrots sliced
1 half crown of broccoli
2 or 3 green onions sliced
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 to 4 tablespoons of oil
1/2 tablespoon of minced ginger
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar *optional
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons flour
Serve with 3 cups cooked rice
- Gather all your ingredients. Chop veggies, chicken etc. The secret to stir fry is to be prepared ahead of time. All of your chopping can be done in advance but no longer than one day.
- Over medium heat add 2 tablespoons oil to a medium pan then add chicken. Stir fry until no longer pink inside (this should only take a few mins). Remove chicken to a plate or bowl.
- Add remaining oil to pan if needed then add veggies. The key is not to overcook the veggies, stir fry for about 5 minutes (times will vary).
- While the veggies are cooking place ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and honey in a 1 cup measure (I use a small coffee cup) Stir until honey is combine with other liquids. Then add enough water to make a full 1 cup measure.
- After veggies are finished, add chicken.
- Move the stir fry to the edges of the pan to make a well in the center. Pour in sauce mixture.
- While heating sauce, put flour in the cup you used to make the sauce and add 4 tablespoons or so of heated sauce from your pan and stir till combined. This will help keep the flour from being lumping in your sauce.
- Add flour mixture to the well of sauce in your pan and stir. Let the sauce thicken 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine all your ingredients together and Enjoy!