As I have explained in a previous post about planning , I have a busy schedule. I think we all have busy schedules in one way or another. One way I keep track of everything is my Household Planner. It keeps me on task, on time and my house running smoothly.
I know most people now have phones with apps that will do what my planner will. But…
- I have a basic phone, by choice.
- I feel so much better about what I’ve accomplished when I can take a marker and cross it off my list.
- Call me old school, but I like writing things down. I remember them better. I think that’s because I am a visual person.
I thought I would share with you my main page in my household planner. Ink is expensive so I combat this by put mine in a sheet protector and use a dry erase marker. Dry erase markers + sheet protectors = Awesome! This way you only have to print it once. You can either click the link below or the picture to open a pdf for printing. I usually fill mine out on Sundays.
- Daily To Do’s- I use this space for daily task like what zone I am in with Flylady. I use a modified version of Flylady.
- Weekly To Do’s- Mopping, Dusting, Menu Planning etc all go here
- Monthly To Do’s- Changing the heat pump air filter, or giving the pets their fleas meds are good examples of what I put here (changing the oil in the car could be scheduled here)
- Errands- Sometimes I’ll put a post it here, add to it as needed, take it with me to work and stick it on my steering wheel (yes, I am that forgetful). That way I cut down on trips around town.
- Who To Call- Self explanatory, but it’s a reminder for me of people to contact on my days off. Most things are closed when I get home from work. I try to schedule calls. Examples are scheduling repairs or doctor visits etc.
- Appointments- I have them here and on the calendar on my phone. Here it is a visual reminder, easier for me to remember.
- This Week’s Menu- I have a full menu printed and hanging on the fridge. This one is just dinners. I can think ahead, maybe this is Monday and Tuesdays chicken is still in the freezer. I can see what I am having at a glance and get it ready for later.
- Laundry- I do laundry 5 days a week. Each day a different load. Example Monday around here is sheets day. Click here for my post about how I get things done in the morning.
- Exercise- I exercise at home. It saves money and I have everything I need here. A place to walk outside (cardio) and a few weights for strength training. To get a balance of both I do cardio a few days a week then strength train certain areas other days.
- Drink Your Water- A reminder of how many glasses of water I drink a day. I take a glass bottle (I don’t care for plastic) and refill it during the day at work. It’s free, better for me and much better for my waistline. I only drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning and 1 glass of diet soda or tea with dinner (yes I said soda ha ha).
I am always looking to improve my planner… Do you have a household planner? Have any tips for mine?