Making homemade laundry soap is very easy to do, costs pennies per load and you control the ingredients. I’ve always had good results with my recipes. I use the liquid because I always wash in cold water. The powder works great too and is less trouble to make. Either way I think you will be pleased with the results.
- Bar Soap – you can use , Ivory or Zote. Fels-Naphta can be found at Ace Hardware and Walmart in the laundry section. Ivory soap is widely available. I’ve heard Zote can be found at Family Dollar, 99¢ stores and Big Lots.
- Washing Soda – is found in the laundry section
- Borax – is found in the laundry section
- Baking Soda (optional)
- 1 bar of soap, grated -I use a hand-held cheese grater
- 1 cup Washing Soda
- 1 cup Borax
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda
- 2 bars soap – for powder recipe I would suggest grating the soap and then using a blender to get a fine powder.
- 2 cups Borax
- 2 cups Washing Soda